Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Update - 21 Sept 05: RAMADI

All,

A quick but important update. The reason we have been so busy lately, the reason I haven't been able to keep up with the blog, the reason for the address change, is that we have moved west, to Ramadi.

When we first got here, a company at a time was rotating from Habbaniyah for about a week at a time (note: see blog entries from late July/ early Aug), but now the entire battalion is here. We in fact may be here until we all rotate home.

Ramadi is a bit.... austere, even when compared to Ramadi. I will write more about it later, but it is hotter, more trashed, overrun with flies, and in short, a pit. Redeeming qualities: zero. Actually, one thing I think will be good is that our "new" building is bigger than where we were in Habbaniyah, so we will have a little more room. But it comes with a price.

Everyone made the move here without incident. I was in the last convoy out this morning with Gy Greene and Master Guns Kistler; I had waited to tell everyone because of operational security reasons.

Gotta go. Will get a more comprehensive post together later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Glad you made it safely. God Bless you all.

21 September, 2005 18:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry there are no redeeming qualities. At lease you made the move without incident. Well, it's past 9:00 and with me teaching elementary now, it's past my bedtime. Quit laughing Major Peterson, did I tell you what one of my first graders said when he learned I had taught his dad? He said well that explains why you are so old. When you come home be sure and come by and I will be glad to let you teach 19 wee ones how to log on to the network and save into their folder. Stay safe and if nothing else you can always laugh at me teaching first grade. Miss and love ya, Old Teach

22 September, 2005 05:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI..sorry to bother...
My son is staying at Camp Taqaddum and is with a QRF. Do you know how I could possibly find a site for this camp..or maybe someone there has a "blog" like these. I am lost when it comes to this and really need someones help. If you are'nt able to help me out...thanks for taking time to read my message anyway!!!

Thanks and take care!!!
Alison R.

23 September, 2005 05:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home